DIY Drone

This is a site for all things about amateur Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs): How-to's, videos, discussion and more (you can read more about ushere). Please use the tabs above to navigate the site.

These are our Arduino-based open source autopilot projects:
* ArduPilot, a very low-cost (the basic board is just $24.95!) autopilot
* BlimpDuino, an autonomous blimp with both infrared and ultrasonic guidance

Other UAV/autopilot projects and code, by processor and OS type, are here.
Earlier DIY Drones projects, including Lego and cellphone autopilots, are here

FAQs:
* I'm new to all this--where do I start?
* Are amateur UAVs legal?
* Can you explain how IMUs using gyros and accelerometers work? Do I need both?
* I'm confused by all these terms! Is there a glossary? (yes!)

You can find a list of external UAV resources, including commercial UAVs and other open source UAV projects and code here.

Follow DIY Drones on Twitter

Popular posts from this blog

Future science: the next 10 years

UFO Pernah 'Mendarat' Di Malaysia !